I almost always have leftover ground beef, don't you? All those taco, chili, and burger recipes call for 1 or 2 lbs of ground beef but the meat is rarely packaged in even increments. So, I separate out the extra and freeze it for a rainy day, which is what I did when I made these Pimento Cheese Stuffed Burgers. Now, what to do with the leftover ground beef? Just so happens I came across this recipe for Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps from Mostly Homemade Mom which would be perfect! She got the idea from Skinny Mom's Kitchen. After looking over both versions, I combined them to make my own.
Here is how I made them:
Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
dash of pepper
dash of salt
2 Flatout Wraps (I used 1 whole grain and 1 sun-dried tomato.)
2 slices white American cheese
2 leaves romaine lettuce
1. In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beef on medium until almost cooked through but still a little pink, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, grated Parmesan, dried onion flakes, salt, and pepper to the beef. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
3. Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and no longer pink.
4. Heat up the indoor grill pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium to high heat.
5. In the center of the Flatout, place a slice of cheese and 1/2 of the beef mixture. Add tomato, lettuce, ketchup, and mustard.
6. Roll the wrap burrito style and place seam side down on the grill. Once there are nice grill marks, turn over and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Remove to plate and serve with steamed veggies or baked fries.