Friday, April 19, 2013

Ham & Pineapple BBQ Flatbread

My husband has been traveling quite a bit lately so I'm cooking for one again.  When I used to have a night alone (before baby), I'd search out a new recipe online and look forward to strolling leisurely through the grocery store finding the ingredients with the anticipation of  what was to come.  At home, I'd pour myself a glass of wine and spend the evening getting lost in the dish I was making.  Now, I look forward to baby in bed at 8:00pm, a quick dinner, a glass of red wine, and the couch with a good book or with my laptop and good show!

For a quick dinner, I love this "go-to" Make Your Own Pizza.  However, one night I decided to spice it up a little with some ingredients I already had on hand.  Check out this delicious new twist on an old staple!

Ham & Pineapple BBQ Flatbread

Ingredients:

1 Flatout Flatbread (I used Multi-Grain with Flax.)
1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's Original.)
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons pineapple, crushed
2 slices deli ham, rolled separately and sliced (I like Boar's Head.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.  Bake just the Flatout for 10 minutes or until crisp.  Take it out and flip it over.  Mix the BBQ sauce and honey together.  Top the flatbread with the honey BBQ sauce.  Next, add the shredded mozzarella cheese, ham, and pineapple.  Put it back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 more minutes.  Serves 1.


The sweet tangy honey BBQ sauce is the perfect match for the savory ham and juicy pineapple.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...