Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Simply Self Storage is celebrating their 10 year anniversary this week!


When I saw these Homemade Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting from Sally at Sally's Baking Addiction, I knew I had to make them for the party week!



Their light vanilla lemonie flavor is perfect for spring, and the yellow hue with blue sprinkles is the perfect color match for Simply SS!



I doubled Sally's recipe to make 24 cupcakes but still baked them a dozen at a time.  For the frosting, I made one batch plus another half.  I knew it would make way too much if I doubled it, and I still had some leftover!  But that's OK because it's stored in the refrigerator for snacking with pretzels or graham crackers.  :)

Check out the link above for the full Lemon Cupcake and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe!  As a side note, when creaming the butter and sugar together for the cupcakes, make sure you beat the mixture for the full 2-3 minutes.  It will end up looking like whipped butter.  Also, only fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full or they will overflow...at least mine did.


Happy 10 Year Anniversary to Simply SS and congrats to my husband on all his hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...