Tuesday, July 30, 2013

12 Reasons Babies Cry

Before I had a baby of my own, I guess I thought babies just cried when they were hungry, tired, or had a dirty diaper.  However, I had also heard of babies who cry a lot for no apparent reason.  Somewhere along the line in my preparing for baby research, I stumbled across this very helpful article from the popular Baby Center website.  Luckily my little guy has been a pretty good baby so far, but remembering this list has come in handy when I can't seem to figure out why he is crying or fussy.  And to think...after I fed him some more, changed his diaper again, tried to put him to sleep, and cuddled him, all along he just needed to burp!  I hope this list helps you as much as it has me.


The 12 Reasons Babies Cry Checklist:

  1. Hungry
  2. Dirty Diaper
  3. Need Sleep
  4. Want to be Held
  5. Upset Tummy
  6. Need to Burp
  7. Too Cold or Too Hot
  8. Something Small
  9. Teething
  10. Over-Stimulated
  11. Under-Stimulated
  12. Not Feeling Well

For more details on these reasons and what to do if your baby is still crying, check out the full article from BabyCenter.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...