Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tidbits of Life

Whew!  What a couple of weeks it has been!  My father-in-law was in town for 2 weeks which means we had the older kids more so they could visit with him.  We are so grateful that he is able to come see us and spend life with us for awhile.  However, this also means more mouths to feed, clothes to wash, and homework to check.  Not leaving much time for myself between diaper changes, helping my little guy waddle around the house, and interrupted sleep caused by 3 teeth that are making their way in all at once!
  
Remembering some of the lonely evenings pre-marriage, I feel blessed that my life is so full right now.  Although I haven't had much time to breathe the past few weeks, it hasn't kept me out of the kitchen!

We celebrated a special guy's birthday with this wakeboarding cake!

Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Frosting

Last year, I made him this tennis cake!

Sorry for the lousy Instagram filtered photo...
believe me, I searched high and low for the original but couldn't find it. :( So, this will have to do.

I love showcasing the kids' current interests on their big days.

We also hung out with friends and enjoyed these Crimson & Cream little darlings during an IU football game!

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Additionally, I recently tried out some corn fritters and blueberry vanilla bean muffins but will have to experiment with other recipes before I share them with you all.  They were good but not quite the flavor I was anticipating.

Hope you have had a great couple of weeks!  Talk to you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...