Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Chili

Well, hello! :) Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out Life is Like Honey!  It sure has been sticky and sweet around here lately. ;) I so wish I could post more often but this season in my life does not allow much time to do some of the things I love most...baking and blogging.  That's ok though.  Nothing seems to stay the same for long. :)

We had a really nice and chilly Thanksgiving up north.  I even saw snow flurries!  My little guy was napping when they came down but it makes me excited for when we can sled down the slippery hills, build round and frosty snowmen, and make pretty snow angels together.  I'll leave the snow ball fights for daddy and brother, hehe.

We returned to some cooler weather here in Florida which made me think of making something warm.  I love this chili recipe.  My mom gave it to me years ago and it always hits the spot with the whole fam.


Here is how to make it...

Chili


Ingredients

2 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cans chili beans (2 mild and 2 medium)
3 cans diced petite tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 cups low sodium tomato juice
1/4 cup chili powder

Directions

Brown beef and onion in a large skillet.  Drain the grease and set aside.  In a large pot, combine all the other ingredients.  Then add the beef and onion mixture.  Stir to combine.  Cover and simmer for about 1 hour.  Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes.  Serve warm with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt, crackers, or corn bread muffins!

Enjoy!

PS - This recipe makes a good amount of chili.  We usually have leftovers after feeding a family of 4.  Stay tuned for a yummy way to use some of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...