Monday, August 4, 2014

Shrinking a Dasani Water Bottle

What happened to July and August?  Better look at the pics on my phone to remind myself of that whirlwind.   Whew!

Let's try and get back to this blogging thing...

Today, I'm sharing an environmentally friendly tip with you that my sister shared with me a while back.  Although we have a water purifying drinking system (which I use most of the time), my family still seems to go through A LOT of Dasani.  It's my husband's preferred water of choice and the rest of us grab a bottle here and there.  Needless to say, the recycling bin fills up way too fast with these bottles.  This tip will save lots of room in your recycling bin and create less work for you when taking those recyclables out to the curb.

Take this roughly 8 inch tall bottle of Dasani Water,


and magically transform it into this 3 1/2 inch crushed plastic bottle!


To do it, you simply remove the cap from the empty bottle of water.  Press down and replace the cap.

Maybe some of you already do this and that's awesome, but this was new to me and I'm so glad my sister showed it to me.  Now, I just have to get in the habit of actually doing it and getting my family to do it along with me!


Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Cello sipper water bottle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...