Sunday, December 9, 2018

God's Right Hand Man

My boys love to watch Bibleman.  I had never heard of this animated series until Noah's K4 teacher gifted him a DVD for Christmas last year.  My little superheros love watching Bibleman and his friends fight evil with God's Word.  I think the truths are sinking in because the other day Cooper (3) was playing and randomly came up to me in the kitchen and said "mom, I need you to sell me your birthright".  He must have remembered it from hearing the story of Jacob and Esau! haha

One day, I overheard the show quoting Isaiah 41:10...

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

The words "my righteous right hand" kept ringing over and over in my head.  I thought to myself Jesus is seated at the right hand of God the Father.  I couldn't let that thought go so I decided to dive a little deeper and here is what I found...


Jesus was...

John 1:1-5, 9-14
The Word Became Flesh
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

~ Jesus was with God in the beginning.

~ Jesus came down and made his dwelling among us.

Isaiah 48:13a
My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
    and my right hand spread out the heavens;

~ Jesus spread out the heavens.


Jesus is...

Exodus 15:6
Your right hand, Lord,
    was majestic in power.
Your right hand, Lord,
    shattered the enemy.

~ Jesus is powerful and victorious!

Psalm 17:7
Show me the wonders of your great love,
    you who save by your right hand
    those who take refuge in you from their foes.

~ Jesus saves!

Psalm 18:35
You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.

~ Jesus sustains!

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

~ Jesus fills us with eternal pleasures!

Psalm 63:8
My soul clings to you;
    your right hand upholds me.

~ Jesus upholds those who cling to Him!

Psalm 110:1 & Acts 2:34
For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,
“‘The Lord (God) said to my Lord (Jesus):
    “Sit at my right hand...

Romans 8:34
Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Hebrews 1:3

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

~ Jesus is seated at God's right hand.


In closing, this is my prayer from Ephesians 1:17-23 for anyone who reads this post.


I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Jesus was, is, and will forever be
God's right hand man!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...