Sunday, February 17, 2019

Wounds

A couple weeks ago after receiving an abnormal skin biopsy, I went back to the dermatologist to have the surrounding area removed to ensure "it" was all gone.  I knew I was getting stitches that day but didn't realize the care and discomfort it would cause me.  Having a bandage on sensitive skin for two weeks was not fun.  I was so excited to have the stitches removed on Valentine's Day just in time for a few fun nights out with my love and friends.  We also squeezed in a day at Hollywood Studios with the boys.  Maybe the roller coasters were not such a great idea...

You can imagine my dread and discouragement when I felt something *pop* in the middle of the night.  Yep, the wound had opened.  I {cringe} as I type this and literally almost passed out from nausea when I surveyed the raw wound in the daylight.  (I'll spare you the gory details.)  I was so <mad>.  After calling the doctor, I sort of reeled in the disappointment all day until the Lord revealed something to me that evening.

During a time of worship, He said...

Man tries to heal wounds with temporary fixes such as "stitches".  But God allows open wounds so He can lay His seeds on fresh soil and heal the wounds His way.  "Trust My ways," He said.  The opening of a wound makes us nauseous and uneasy so we must trust in Him to support and sustain us.  Open wounds make us uncomfortable so we take comfort in Him.  When I don't want to or can't get up, He holds me up and comforts me in rest.  We have to look at our wounds and not turn away, so when He heals us, we remember where we were before.  And when He has healed us, we can reflect back and look how far He has brought us.

He allows our scars so that they can be testimonies to others of what He has done.
"Don't hide them," He said.  "Show them.  Talk about them.  Talk about Me."

So, I ask myself and let me ask you, too...

What wounds do I need to let Him open and heal His way?  What scars of mine have a story, a testimony, of Him to be told?  How could those testimonies help others?

By allowing Him to touch our wounds, we can be healed.


the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by His wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5b

"He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross,
so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;
by his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24

PS - Wear sunscreen! ;)

2 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️love this, Jess.
    “The Wound is Where The Light Gets In” -Jason Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never comment on blogs, but after baking Grandma's butterscotch pie ( which turned out great!) I thought I'd check out your blog. The Holy Spirit brought me to Isaiah 53 last week too. Just so funny to come across this. God is so cool. Have a great one and thanks for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...