Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins

As you may know, I LOVE blueberries!  See just how much here!  I always have fresh blueberries in my refrigerator for breakfast, snacking, and now for baking!

The lone very ripe banana on my counter had my brain and taste buds going.  What could I make with one banana?  I could make The Best Banana Bread Ever but it takes two bananas and I just made it recently.  I knew Sally at Sally's Baking Addiction would have something for me.  So I headed over there to search and not only did I find an easy recipe for banana blueberry muffins, they are healthy!  BONUS!

Here is my version:


Since I only had one banana, I made 1/2 of her recipe which gave me 8 delicious muffins!


I followed her recipe by cutting each ingredient in half.  I used only all-purpose white flour (instead of whole wheat flour).  I used plain Fago 0% Greek Yogurt instead of a vanilla flavor and skim milk because I always have those two items in my frig, too!

If you aren't using any of the cups in your muffin tin, make sure you fill the empty ones halfway with water to ensure even baking for the rest of muffins.

These are perfect for breakfast warmed up with a little butter, my favorite granola, and a cup of coffee. :)


The next afternoon I topped one with the leftover vanilla buttercream frosting from these Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting!  Yummy!


You can find the full recipe for these awesome muffins here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...