Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chicken & Apple BBQ Flatbread

I've got a new twist on my "go-to" make your own pizza for you today!  The original Make Your Own Pizza is awesome and definitely a staple in our household.  But sometimes, I want something different so I tried this Chicken & Apple BBQ combo and it was deeelish!


Here is the recipe:

Chicken & Apple BBQ Flatbread

Ingredients:

1 Flatout Flatbread (I used Multi-Grain with Flax.)
2 tablespoons (or more) BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's Original.)
1 cooked chicken breast, chopped or thinly sliced
1/4 of an apple, thinly sliced (I like Gala apples the best.)
1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Ranch dressing for drizzle

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.  Bake just the Flatout for 10 minutes or until crisp.  Take it out and flip it over.  Spread the BBQ sauce on the flatbread.  Next, layer the chicken, apple slices, and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.  I like to put the cheese on last to seal it all together!  Put it back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 more minutes.  Serves 1.

I originally tried it with a honey mustard drizzle but it was too tangy with the bite of the barbecue sauce.  So the second time around, I used a ranch drizzle with a much better outcome.  The creaminess of the ranch balanced out the bite of the barbecue sauce for a tasty combination!  If you want a more melted cheese, use regular cheese not a reduced fat version.

Enjoy!

If you like this, you might also like my Ham & Pineapple BBQ Flatbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...