Friday, May 24, 2013

Our Sticks Perpetual Calendar

So...I have to admit I'm not much into decorating.  I know what I like when I see it but just cannot visualize it unless it's there in front of me.  I just don't have that talent.  I'm so very thankful that my husband does have the eye for it!  He pretty much picked out every piece of furniture and paint color for our new house.  Sometimes I doubt his vision but it almost always turns out great.  My sister is also a great decorator.  It's something she likes to do as a hobby.  Not only has she made her own home cute and inviting, she has redone two bedrooms and a few bathrooms in my parents house.  Maybe I can get her or my husband to do a guest post with some decorating tips?!...for those of us who just don't get it!

Anyway, on with the topic at hand...this Sticks Perpetual Calendar!  We were near St. Armand's Circle for a friend's wedding and stopped in the adorable Garden Argosy shop where we found this gem!  After some thought, we decided to hang it high up in our kitchen.  It really adds some nice color to the kitchen.  The only problem is I have to get up on a big ladder to change the magnetic numbers and holidays each month.


It matches the Lazy Susan we received as a wedding gift perfectly.  This guy sits on the island in the center of our kitchen.  It's where I display fresh flowers or a lovely scented candle.


Browsing the Sticks website just now, I'm realizing how many more pieces they offer!  Wonder what will catch my eye next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...