Thursday, June 20, 2013

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Yes!  Finally!  Ask and you shall receive! :)


These cookies are always a hit and they go way back.  I would make these occasionally all the time when I was in high school.  I loved to bake even back then.  My friends and family never complained.  :)


I have to give a BIG shout out to my beloved high school girlfriends.  All 8 of us are still very close and try to get together a couple times a year even though we are spread across 5 states.  When we reunited, it's just like old times.  There is something deep about those friendships you make early on in life and have made a commitment to maintain over the years.  I love each of you very much and miss you everyday.  We have so many spooner memories I will cherish forever.  I hope you make these cookies and think about all the school days, weekends, and summer nights we spent living, exploring, and growing together.


Here is how to make them:

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
1 package of Heath toffee bits (8-10 oz.) *You can usually find these near the chocolate chips at the grocery.

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a cookie sheet.  Beat butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla together.  Add the dry ingredients.  Add the oats and toffee bits.  Drop rounded tablespoon size balls onto the greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  I usually take them out after 9 minutes even though they don't look quite done.  Cool 1 minutes on the baking sheet then remove to a wire rack.  I use a thin, metal fish spatula to get them off the tray easily.  The toffee can be sticky until it cools to a chewy consistency so you may need to wipe the spatula off after each cookie removal.  Makes about 36 cookies.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...