Monday, June 17, 2013

Zucchini Bread

So, my mom was in town last week, and I always like to bake something for her when she visits.  Last time, I made her this Rustic Blackberry Tart.  This time I thought Zucchini Bread sounded nice and summery.  It brings back memories from when I was little.  Mom would bake up some of this bread with fresh zucchinis from my dad's garden.  I don't have a garden so zucchinis fresh from Fresh Market will have to do!  My mom did help me plant some flowers in my new cute terra cotta pot and by our mailbox.  We also bought a majestic palm and planted it in a planter for by the pool!  Now, if I can just keep them alive!

Anyway, back to the Zucchini Bread...


Here is how I made it:

Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini, shredded and drained
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/2 cup nuts, chopped

Directions:

Beat eggs until foamy.  Stir in sugar, zucchini, oil, and vanilla.  Gradually add dry ingredients and spices.  Stir in the nuts.  Pour into 2 bread pans greased only the bottoms.  Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool at least 10 minutes.  Remove from pans.


Enjoy!

PS - I used chopped walnuts in this bread and they were really good.  You could use pecans instead but I didn't have any on hand after my last use of them while making these Chewy Almond Toffee Bars!  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...