Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Baked Salsa Chicken

Looking for an easy weeknight dinner?  You've found it!

Very similar to my Baked Chicken Parmesan, it's easy to make.  Here is how to do it...

Baked Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thawed (I order ours from Schwan's.)
1 jar of your favorite salsa (I like mild and my husband likes medium, so I use both.)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (It can be regular or reduced fat.)
a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (Use instead of sour cream. My fav is Fage 0%.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place chicken breasts in 8x8 glass baking dish.  Pour about 1/2 cup of salsa over the top of each chicken breast and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes.  Top each breast with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.  Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Pair with Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Spanish Style and you're good to go!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...