Friday, August 16, 2013

Banana Hershey Bar Muffins

One afternoon I set out to make banana chocolate chip muffins.  After mixing all the ingredients together, I opened the drawer to pull out the bag of chocolate chips, but they were nowhere to be found!  Who is to blame?!  Was it my husband and kids who like to eat them right out of the bag or was it me who used them all in the last batch of chocolate chip cookies?!  Guess I should gather all my ingredients before I start baking...lesson learned.

Luckily, in that same drawer is where we keep the Hershey Bars for making s'mores so I chopped some of those up and added them in place of the missing chocolate chips.

That is how these Banana Hershey Bar Muffins were born. :)


Here is how to make them...


Banana Hershey Bar Muffins

Ingredients:

3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Hershey Bars, chopped

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine brown sugar and butter in larger mixer bowl.  Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping bowl often.  Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla.  Continue beating until well mixed.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until moistened.  Gently stir in chopped Hershey Bar.

Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.  Bake about 18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pans.


Delicious but next time I'll add crushed graham crackers and tiny marshmallows make the flavor complete. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...