Monday, March 31, 2014

Muffin Frittatas

All of the sudden, I have a picky eater on my hands.  Basically if it's not bread-like, cheesey, or crunchy, it's not going in my 17 month old little boy's mouth.  Being somewhat of a healthy eater myself, this is causing me some distress!  Much to my dismay, the kid won't even try a blueberry.  :(  Hoping it's just a phase, I must press on being creative and sneaking fruits and vegetables into his diet when I can while still offering him the real thing so he knows they are available.  Thank goodness he loves these Peter Rabbit Organics veggie blend pouches...


They say it can take 15 to 20 exposures before a child will try something new...not sure I have the patience but I must find a way!

He will NOT try eggs in any of the forms I have tried so far but I thought he would for sure go for these Muffin Frittatas.  I think he might have taken one bite...but I loved them!


Here is how to make them:

Muffin Frittatas

Ingredients:

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in medium bowl until blended.  Add cheese, zucchini, bell pepper and turkey sausage.  Mix well.  Spoon evenly into 12 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 cup each.  Bake 20 minutes until just set.  Cool on rack 5 minutes.  Remove from cups and serve warm.

Tip:  To save time in the morning, bake them the night before and refrigerate.  Quickly re-warm in the microwave when ready to serve.

Another option is to reheat the frittata and sandwich it between a sliced and toasted whole wheat English muffin.  A quick and healthy way to start your morning! :)


Enjoy!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...