Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries!  I love, love, love them!  When I was little, we used to go blueberry picking every summer.  It is one of my favorite past-times.  My grandpa made these little cans that my sister and I could tie around our waists to collect our own.  This year I got to share the sweet tradition with my little guy.


I literally could not wait to start baking with them.  That afternoon I added about a cup of freshly picked blueberries to some Lemon Poppyseed Muffins I had planned to make using this mix.


It was a simple addition that made all the difference.


I would suggest sharing these with friends or making for a group because the glaze doesn't last but a day or so before dissolving into a sticky, soggy mess.  Afternoon treat, anyone?


We picked about 3lbs and I bought an extra 5lbs just to freeze.  I measured them out in 4 cup increments, rinsed and dried them, and tightly sealed them in freezer bags to be used during the months when the store-bought versions are small, tart, and expensive!


A few days later, I made Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins which I'll share with you soon. :)


The little guy picking his first blueberry and loving the morning adventure!  Now, if I could just get him to eat one fresh! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...