Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Breakfast Egg Casserole

I was pleasantly surprised when we were asked to bring a dish to share at our last BSF Monday meeting before summer break.  It's the only day throughout the year when BSF stands for Bring Some Food!  Woohoo!

In addition to sharing our favorite dishes during this fellowship time, we were also preparing to share what the Lord has done in our lives throughout the 30 week study of Matthew.

For as long as I can remember, I have been a faith-filled person.  I grew up in a Christian home, accepted Christ at a young age, participated in youth group activities, and spent several summers at a week-long Christian camp.  We now attend church regularly and I've participated in lots of Bible studies over the years.  But generally, I was just kind of going through life believing.  Through this study, I learned that "blind faith is not biblical faith."  Sure, the previous Bible studies I've done have kept me in the Word during the study and brought me closer to the Lord but it wasn't until this study that it hit me.  I needed to and was ready to go deeper.  Romans 10:17 promises that faith comes as we read God's Word.  The best way to believe is to expose yourself intentionally and steadily to the Bible.  Intentionally and steadily meaning purposefully and routinely.  Jesus doesn't promise life following him will be easy but he does promise it will be rewarding.  It's not always easy but I'm excited at 6:00am to get up before the baby to do my reading, studying, and question answering knowing that will most likely be the only quiet time of my day, but more so knowing that the Lord has so much to teach me if I will just be obedient and open his Word with an open heart, refreshed eyes, and a clear mind.  Through that time together it's as if He has grown my heart to love Him more and know Him better.

So, let me encourage you to find a quiet time that works for you, open His word and listen.

Ok back to the food...I was hoping to sign up to bring this Blueberry Banana Bread, but the only thing left to put my name beside was a breakfast casserole.  However, I still had the bread on my mind so I made it too for us to enjoy at home. :)


Here is how to make it:

Breakfast Egg Casserole

Ingredients:

1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
white bread, crusts removed
1/2 lb sausage, browned and drained
small onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Brown sausage along with onion and red pepper until cooked through.  Drain off excess grease and set aside.  Arrange bread in bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Beat eggs and milk and pour over bread.  Sprinkle sausage, onion, pepper over eggs.  Cover with cheese.  Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 300 degrees for 1 ½ hours total (1 ¼ hours covered, 15 minutes uncovered).

Enjoy!

Here it is ready to go in the frig overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...