Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter M&M Cookie Bars

Happy *day after* Easter!

In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!  Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:  'The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'"  Then they remembered his words.
Luke 24:5-8


In celebration of Easter/Resurrection Day, I made these tasty M&M Cookie Bars not once but twice!  The first time for my family and the second to share at church on Sunday.  They were a hit both times. :)


Here is the recipe.
I just switched out the regular M&Ms for pastel-colored ones.

I spent basically the whole day alone with my little guy.  My husband spent the day at his daughter's volleyball tournament...PS, when I find out who was in charge of scheduling a tournament on Easter Sunday, they will get a piece of my mind!  Anyway, my husband and I did get to out for a nice dinner Saturday evening to celebrate and I made the best of the day I had to spend with my little guy.

I started by making us (well, really just myself) Sticky Buns and an egg.  I may have had an extra cup of coffee or two or three...but I'll never tell!


Then, we served in the nursery at church surrounded by lots of little crawlers and toddling new walkers dressed their Sunday best.


After what seemed like a very short nap-time, we decorated real hard-boiled eggs, which my little guy preferred to throw because they looked more like balls then decorations.  I ended up having to retrieve one from underneath the stove with two pool sticks...


When dada got home, we set up a fun little egg hunt around the house.  He was so proud when he spotted a hidden one and loved splashing his little hands in the basket full of candy-filled eggs.


Overall, it was a good day.  I am thankful for the fragrant jasmine growing on my front gate, the day's cool weather, and the quality time spent holding and hugging my little guy.  But, I'm most of all grateful for a Savior who suffered and sacrificed while purposefully preparing the way to eternal life for all who believe.  What a journey for the precious Passover lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...